Monday, May 18, 2020

French Country Home Tour | Mini



Good morning from my laptop and cup of tea to yours ;) 

I finally decided to do this because of a sick day. Several of them, actually. The house has been still and quiet for so long that I decided to dream up some new decor ideas as distraction. It worked! And I'm all excited to share some of my favorite spaces and soon-to-be projects with you today. 

Looking over these pictures, I'm amazed at how far our house has come, and how much has been accomplished since we first bought it. Let me know if you would be interested in full room tours, before and after pics, and project updates as I finish up! 

And, just a note: This tour won't be including fine, landscape-stye portraiture, which I hope won't be too disappointing, but I just wanted to give a sneak peak of our house until the rooms are finished.


The Master Bedroom is one of my favorite rooms in the house - or, at least, it will be when I finish sprucing it up! I've tossed around ideas for this room for a long time, and have slowly been giving it the "French Country" vibes that I so love. I'm starting by forcing myself to make a decision on the comforter and throw pillows for our bed. I think I have my options narrowed down to two similar styles. After the final mental wrestling match, I'll be waiting anxiously for the Fed Ex guy to show up, and for Homegoods to open it's doors to my pillow-seeking self. ;) 


Confession: This has nothing to do with my house. Well, aside from the obvious inclusion of all the things that make my house what it is. (Flowers, flowers, vanilla candle, floral scented hand soap and gentle colors... ;)) I so loved putting this Mothers' Day basket together for my Mother in Law that I couldn't help throwing in a picture.



If you've been following along for a while, you know that we've been renovating our bathroom for....ages. Now we're down to touching up paint and adding a few pieces of trim! Hopefully I can show you guys the full tour soon! This picture represents what I LOVE about our renovations - the clean, white tile. After scrubbing ((and scrubbing)) the icky blue linoleum that graced the floor when we bought the place, I couldn't wait to recreate this room into a simple, clean space.




Kindly ignore the dust. My housekeeper has been sick ;) 

This geometric floor was an idea that Pinterest introduced me to. While definitely NOT  French Country, I'm enough of a "free spirit" to break the rules and love it anyway. :D  
It adds interest. 
I like interest. 


 I was so excited to start my backyard flower garden with a few peony bushes from some friends when we first moved in. Our friends sent the bulbs with a note to let us know about planting depth, the proper amount of sun exposure, and a little encouragement for the nervous first-time gardener: "Peonies thrive on abandonment." Thank goodness, since that's all I've had to offer them since planting them a few years ago! They've been gracious friends and kept growing in spite of my occasional preoccupied checks for blooms. Someday soon I would like to do a little mulching and add some more flowers to create a little "cottage garden" type look!

After we finish up all the indoor house projects, we'll be turning our attention to the landscaping out front, and some exterior paint...but I'm not sure if that's going to be this summer, or next. 



...And here we have a blurry, candid shot of sick days with my little Luvs. ;)  We're all disheveled and sleepy, but "home" equals space to be yourself, right?  I included this pic to give you a glimpse of the tired white rug that I plan to be replacing soon, along with the exhausted house plant that finally thirsted to death in the background. (Whoops.) I have bigger plans for this room as well, but I'm still negotiating with myself on what needs to happen in which spaces. #creativehomeownerprobs

What do you think so far? Have you been checking any house projects off of your list while stuck in quarantine? Please let me know! I would so love to hear from you :)

3 comments:

Ashli said...

Your house is so pretty, Anna. I love the style and colors!

Anonymous said...

I love your house and your decorating style. It reflects you. Beautiful inside and out!

Anonymous said...

your house looks so nice, I love a full tour of it, and I can't wait to the see the bathroom:p
it feels like my family is trying to check off all of our projects while we're stuck in quarantine, we been trying to get the whole house clean and the to get bedrooms ready to be painted(seeing as we haven't touched most of them in over five years, so yeah they need a bit of a refresh) gardening like crazy, cutting down trees I pretty sure if you can name it we've been doing:)
great post and I hope you are feeling well now
-Rose