Thursday, October 24, 2013

What God Just Did for Me

My neck hurt so bad. Therefore my head ached, too...as well as my ears - and is it possible for teeth to hurt? Well, they all did. Really bad.

Every time I stood up my head swam. Mom thought I looked like I was going to faint and sent me to bed. After I got up (after almost two hours rest) the pain gradually worsened.

Finally it was time for bed. I lay on the top bunk and cried quietly - it was hard to breathe (I imagined it was just because I drank too much water and my lungs couldn't expand properly.) I had a rice-pack around my neck and a cold-pack held to my forehead.

In about fifteen minutes, my hot-pack got cold and I went downstairs, shivering.

Back to bed.

It hurt.

I couldn't sleep.

After laying in tense misery for another twenty minutes, I eased myself out of bed and went back downstairs to re-warm my hot pack in the microwave.

 I felt very much like a five-year-old; I wanted Mom. But what could she do? We'd already prayed about it...I would just be keeping her awake for no good reason. "Anna, you just need to grow up," I told myself, still shaking with cold and crying.

While I waited for the microwave to finish, I started to pray.

Then it dawned on me.

Pray.

That's Who I could talk to. What a perfect opportunity.

I prayed all the way up the stairs, I prayed myself into the bunk-bed. I told Him everything; what I was going through, how confused I was about the things I was going through, how I wanted to serve Him with everything that was in me. I asked Him what He wanted me to do for Him in life, asked Him about some questions I'd been seeking answers to. We talked about my friends, we talked about acquaintances, we talked about the church...and just about that time, I began to notice that my head didn't hurt.

I raised my hands and started praising. I knew He had to be there, in my bedroom, with me.

I ought to be in bed right now, and I'm going to be in a few minutes, but I just wanted to testify of the pain that's (at this moment) almost completely gone. Furthermore, I'm so happy about what God's getting ready to do for all the people that I prayed for - because He said "Ask and ye shall receive, seek and ye shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you."

It's amazing that He cares for somebody like me - never let the devil tell you that God doesn't love you and that you're too imperfect for Him to bother with. It isn't true - because that's what Satan was telling me tonight, and God just showed him up.

I'm so excited for the answers to my questions that will be coming soon, and am very thankful for His strength in perfect weakness. I know  He's already got a plan for my good and that the situations I'm facing right now are already conquered in the name of Jesus Christ who bought my freedom with His own blood.


                                                                 Psalm 31: 19-24

19 Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men!
20 Thou shalt hide them in the secret of thy presence from the pride of man: thou shalt keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues.
21 Blessed be the Lord: for he hath shewed me his marvellous kindness in a strong city.
22 For I said in my haste, I am cut off from before thine eyes: nevertheless thou heardest the voice of my supplications when I cried unto thee.
23 O love the Lord, all ye his saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful, and plentifully rewardeth the proud doer.
24 Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

(This whole chapter is inspiring - if you have time, it would be great to read the whole thing!)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful testimony,Anna. we sometimes forget to go to the very ONE who can help us through anything we face in life. As the old song says," Oh what peace we often forfeit, oh what needless pain we bear, all because we do not carry everything to God in prayer." He's always there, just waiting to be called on the scene...love ya, Mamaw

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful testimony!
While reading it, I remembered this verse:" Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world." (I Peter 5:9) Let it be an encouragement to you, sister, like your texts has been to me. Thanks for posting!
Sara - Brazil.