Thursday, January 7, 2021

INTRODUCTION TO BRIGHT LINE EATING | BABY STEPS TOWARD WELLNESS

Wow...it has been a long time since I posted over here on the blog! Feels good to get back at it today - especially for such a meaningful reason!

Unfortunately, through a little personal experience and some youtube research, I figured out that instagram isn't the easiest place to share youtube links unless you have a gazillion followers or a business account - neither of which have I. ;) This definitely isn't the simplest option, but I'm happy to have found a way to share the original video that I tried to link in my insta story a couple of days ago. I'll have that link at the bottom of this post. #win

Since so many of you were interested in learning more about BLE, I thought I'd type up a quick little overview of the basics as I see them.

Behold: 

The "Bright Lines" that this style of eating is named for, are simply these. 

1. Thou shalt not eat flour on this program. 

2. Thou shalt not eat sugar on this program.

3. Thou shalt only eat weighed portions (recommended portions for each meal are in the book. I'll link it at the end of this post as well.) 

4. Thou shalt not snack between meals. Ever. 

It's that simple. Do not cross these four "Lines" and you're good to go! 

A lot of people have taken this way of eating and turned it into a lifestyle. Not gonna fib, I'm impressed with what I've read and seen about this diet, but I'm still coming at this from a skeptical perspective. I'm in this for a 90 day trial to see what the personal benefits are going to be for me. 

What I love about this plan, is that it seems very balanced: We're not cutting out ALL sugar, since there's still fruit involved everyday. We're not cutting out ALL carbs, just limiting them to unrefined, healthier options. We're not cutting out ALL fat, just making sure that we're only using decent portions of it... that's why I feel like this could be a very good, healthy way to live. 

I'm interested in starting to eat this way because, honestly, I've been dealing with some pretty severe health issues throughout the last year, plus (counting my miscarriages) I've given birth to four children in the past five years. My body needs to heal, my mind needs to heal,  and it's time to work on gently rebuilding myself. Not just for me, but for my family. So, I'm looking at this whole process as a "gift" to myself, instead of "punishment" for the state of my health or the weight that I've gained since those pregnancies. Perspective is everything!

I do want to interject here, that I am planning to post a little bit about what's been going on with my health since we lost our little boy, almost a year ago. In short: my life totally broke open and smashed into a million pieces for a whole variety of reasons...and wow, have I ever learned a whole lotta things that I never realized before - about myself, about my beliefs, about people, about God....   It's been amazing; and I do plan to share some of those lessons with you when I get to an easier, healthier place. 

For now, I'm sharing our everyday life over on my instagram account, so feel free to come follow along to see updates, weigh ins, and our daily life as I figure out a whole. new. way of living and eating. ;) 

Here are the links that I promised: 

Click HERE for the youtube video.

Click HERE for a link to the Bright Line Eating book on amazon. 

Click HERE to check out my instagram page. (Most BLE updates will be in my stories.) 

No comments: