Monday, August 27, 2018

THIS STUFF WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE | NAP TIME INDULGENCE



Nap time is my reverie.

 <If running through the house with a feather duster counts as reverie.>

When the girls get whiney around 1:00pm I comfort myself that rest is in sight, change the diapers, fluff the comforters (okay, not really, but it sounds nice...) and tuck their sleepy heads to their pillows. (Not really. They don't use pillows yet. But it still sounds nice.) 

Then out comes my congratulatory cup of tea or coffee.

This year I discovered this fantastic stuff called "Bullet Proof Coffee." A friend had us over for supper one night and made me some. "Anna, you've got to try this. " 

<SHOUT OUT TO JACKIE SYLVESTER!!> 

I was in love. Super frothy + rich + sweet + a hint of salt. It's pretty basically perfect. If you happen to be counting calories or one of those people who freak out over fat content, you might want to close your eyes and scroll to the bottom of the post. 




BULLET PROOF COFFEE | OR SHOT GUN COFFEE | WHATEVER YOU CALL IT
  • One Cup Of Hot Coffee
  • One TBLSP Butter
  • Your Sweetener Of Choice 
  • A Generous Splash Of Cream

Drop the butter and sweetener into a large bowl or glass measuring cup. Pour coffee over the top and let everything melt. Add cream and blend with a stick blender until frothy.
                   
 ***

Enjoy your quiet house, and your laundry, and your devotions, and your house cleaning, and your Adventures in Odyssey ...over the heavenly scent of this stuff. You'll love it. And when the kids wake up, you'll be all energized and ready to play "buh-boo" (peek-a-boo) a hundred and ninety more times.

SO HERE'S BLISS - from my "nap time, " to yours! 


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

that sounds really good! but you just had to post this when I am trying to give up coffee (lol) but I would like to say because I am a heath nut, that bullet proof coffee is really to be made with good healthy butter and a healthy sweetener or no sweetener at all. Just so you know and yes I guess I am ''that'' person ( the one who tells everyone else to be healthy but is going to go make a cup of this after I finish writing:P)
-Rose

Anna said...

Did you like it?! Lol.

You can actually do the same thing with a strong cup of tea. I drink organic black tea most mornings, since it's a little more gentle and "morningish" than the "drop-kick" you get from black coffee.

Anonymous said...

I did like it! maybe a little to much.....Lol
I will have to try it with black tea I hadn't thought of doing it with tea. Thanks for the recipe! you have changed my life:)
Also you and girls look so beautiful in your new profile picture<3
- Rose

Anonymous said...

Tried it and love it!!! Thank you.
~Mom

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anna said...

Thanks girly! Ethan bought me a photo shoot with Melissa Cockman Photography for Mothers’ Day this year. She does AWESOME work!

Anna said...

Glad you enjoyed it;) Thinking about you this morning. (Which is typical, really.) Love you guys!!

Kami Gimenez said...

Oh my! I really shouldn't have read this! ;o) Now, I think I'll have to give it a try!!