Wednesday, November 21, 2018

MY FAVORITE THING ABOUT MY LIFE | AS A MOM AND WIFEY

Last night I was so extraordinarily happy to realize that life has gotten to a much simpler place. Probably the simplest place it's been in three years. No day is typical. Never. Not one. But it's a steady line of untypicalness. No deep plunges of calm roused by leaping flames of temper.

Thank you for normal. 

Thank you for two in diapers who love to play together.

Who tear apart cabinets together.

Who chase each other around the couch, screaming with laughter together.

This day. Full of so much, but really only one, simple thing: togetherness. All the way togetherness.

The kind that bawls for more milk at supper.

And sounds like hard, flying footfalls that pound into my lap when I sit down.

It feels like tiny arms flung around my neck; like the whispering breath of them when they fall asleep on my shoulder.

I would have happily paid a thousand dollars to skip here to these days, ten months ago as I stared at the ghost of a woman that I beheld in the mirror. All stretched out, and pale, with deep, horrible blue circles under both eyes.

I had hemorrhaged in the hospital after birthing Hope, and the days that followed were no picnic. The soft weight of her against me paid for everything, but every day I promised myself that it would get better soon. The wild crying of my confused 18 month old. The aching, exhaustion. The hurting. The wanting to cry and not being able to.

And it all did. It all always does. Joy in the morning.

Thinking back, I realize that this year has really been pretty crazy for a ton of reasons (not just having two kids), but here on the other side of the waterfall, I know that me, and Ethan, and God, and these two kids are closer than before. Stronger. Deeper in love.

So many happy times have completely overwhelmed and outweighed the others. Too many to count. Probably too many to even remember correctly.

What a gift that is.

It's amazing to be so loved by two little people, that they can't leave your side for a second. To be so needed until they have to come searching through the house when they just need a hug, or a quick game of "peek-a-boo."

Thank you for normal.

And Thank you for chaos.

And hurting times.

And weeping times.

Because they're all TOGETHER times. 

Nothing can separate us from the Love of God. Pulled into a strong hug from my logger man, I feel that. In the plaintive MOM?! from the other side of the house, I hear that.  Resting here for two seconds, in this messy house with so much to do...I have to realize that all this mess and crazy is all wrapped up together into a world that I would never want to be without again.

 How happy to be totally happy. How wonderful to be loved.


















8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm it seems like your blog ate my first comment (it was super long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I'm thoroughly
enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring blog writer
but I'm still new to everything. Do you have any tips and hints for first-time blog writers?
I'd genuinely appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally,
it seems as though you relied on the video to make your point.
You definitely know what youre talking about, why throw away your intelligence on just posting videos to your site when you could be giving us something informative to read?

Anonymous said...

Howdy! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you
if that would be okay. I'm definitely enjoying your blog and look forward to new posts.

Anonymous said...

Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an very long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't
appear. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all tat
over again. Regardless, just wanyed to say fantastic blog!

Anonymous said...

I’m not that much of a internet reader to be honest but your sites really nice, keep it up!
I'll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back later on. All the best

Anonymous said...

When I initially commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox and now each time a comment is
added I get three emails with the same comment.
Is there any way you can remove people from that service?
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Today, I went to the beachfront with my children. I found a sea shell
and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She placed the shell to her ear and
screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is completely off topic but
I had to tell someone!

Anonymous said...

Good day! Would you mind if I share your blog with my zynga group?
There's a lot of people that I think would really enjoy your
content. Please let me know. Thank you