Monday, October 15, 2018

THE REFUGE | & DESSERT RECIPE

We practically fell in the door last night; exhausted, grateful.

Tiny children don't understand that staying in hotels is fun. So it's not.

It was an awesome weekend though. So many people, and smiles, and good food, and happiness. I loved every second of decorating until midnight, and laughing over nothing waaaay past bedtime. Our souls were fed, our spirits lifted...

And then we came home.

And that's pretty basically, the very best part.

It amazed me, watching our exhausted, fussy little girls settle almost as soon as we all stepped in the door. I could see the relief washing away their stress. Smiles crept over sleepy faces; angry tears dried.

Their safe place. Their happiness; our home.

It made me so grateful and nostalgic to realize that my goal had been met so completely. Decorating, cleaning, cooking, making it all ours, and theirs ... it paid off for me in that moment.

Tonight my mind wanders quietly over the imperfectness of the unorganized corners; the finger smears on the windows, the floors that I didn't mop today -- and I smile a little, knowing that "perfect" doesn't create "home." Love does. Every day comforting, and snuggling, and struggling here in this one place does. Has. Will always.

Home is an atmosphere.

__ BUT ANYWAYS __

Here's the recipe that I promised on our latest video (You can find that right over HERE if you haven't seen it yet)

CHEESECAKE TART

3, 8oz Blocks Of Cream Cheese, Softened

Heavy Whipping Cream (Just a generous splash or two)

1 1/4 Cups of Powdered Sugar (More or Less)

Fruit of your choice.


Directions: Mix cream cheese on medium speed until smooth. Add a few splashes of heavy whipping cream. (To make sure your filling isn't too thick and chalky. Maybe a quarter of a cuppish.) Mix until smooth again. Add powdered sugar and mix until smooth and fluffy.

Scrape into a prepared, fully baked pie shell and smooth with a spatula.

Store in the refrigerator until time to serve, then add your topping of choice.

Enjoy!







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The atmosphere of the home is such an important element that is too often neglected in our busy society. Makes me want to stop in for a visit.
And I’ll have a piece of that pie to go with my tea, please!
Love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

You can definitely see your skills within the article you write.
The world hopes for even more passionate writers such as
you who are not afraid to mention how they believe.
All the time go after your heart.

Anonymous said...

Have you ever considered creating an e-book or guest authoring
on other websites? I have a blog centered on the same ideas you discuss and
would love to have you share some stories/information. I know my
readers would appreciate your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an e-mail.

Anonymous said...

What's up, I read your blog like every week. Your writing style is witty, keep up the good
work!