Monday, September 3, 2018

THE TRUTH | IN TWO YEAR OLD WORDS



Hold me mom. You are my safe place. I don't know how to say the words, so I stand here with my arms held out. You're busy, I see that, but I don't know what else to do. 

I need you to hear me, Mom. I'm singing this song for you, about the happiness of my day and the life that you give me. You're working, I see that, but this is for you.

Be gentle, Mom. Your voice says you're not happy. I didn't know all this mess would make you sad; I just needed to see what was in there; empty out everything so I could know more about our big, big world. I know you have a lot to do, but this mess is my teacher. I need to learn.

Please stop for a minute, Mom. I want to know you're always here for me. After all my adventures I always come back to have your attention and love. Maybe I need a band-aid, or a kiss.  Maybe just a smile. I see you're holding the baby, but I need a hug too. Please let me be secure. 

I feel angry, Mom. I want to go home. I don't know that it's bad to cry and yell in the store. I hear the words. There's a lot, but don't know what they say. Teach me how to act and grow. Don't give up, I'll learn soon. 

I love you, Mom. Even though I act like I don't need you sometimes. I want to be strong, but there's something about your shadow falling over mine that makes me know everything's alright. When you hold my hand and I pull away, please remember that someday I'll thank you. You're my world. 

I'm sleepy now, Mom. Don't forget to pray with me and kiss me goodnight. I fall asleep remembering your touch, and the smile you gave me when you closed the door. I am at peace because I know you love me. I rest in perfect calm because I know you'll always be there when I need you, even when you're tired.

It won't be long before I'll grow to be your best friend and thank you for all these tiresome, long days of telling me "No" and "Good Job!" and "Don't Touch" and "Wait." It all matters, Mom; every word. I see you, I need you. Don't forget. 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is a beautiful post<3, and aww she looks so cute!
Also did you make her dress?, because it's really cute

- Rose

Justin and Kaitlyn said...

Sweet and well spoken words, Anna 💕

~Kaitlyn

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Someone in my Myspace group shared this website with
us so I came to look it over. I'm definitely enjoying the information. I'm book-marking and will be tweeting this to
my followers! Terrific blog and superb style and
design.

Anonymous said...

So very true! Such an important time for a mom to be all there. You are such an awesome mom!

Anna said...

I didn’t, actually! I am (sadly) an epic failure in the sewing department. This dress was a gift from one of her Aunties:)

Anna said...

Thanks! Glad you stopped by!

Anna said...

Thank you Kaitlyn!

Hannah said...

Beautifully written and a good reminder for the busy Mamas. 😍

Anna said...

Thanks Hannah! Yeah...sometimes (especially) on “get-out-the-door-on-time days” I have to remind myself that their security and happiness is more important than everything else. This post Is me talking to myself, really. 🙈

Anna said...

Lol! Well, thank you. I’m praying to be. :)

Anonymous said...

Hello. impressive job. I did not anticipate this. This is a excellent story.
Thanks!