Saturday, September 29, 2018

CAN'T BELIEVE I'M DOING THIS | INTROVERT STARTS A VLOG

You’re not that type,” I said to myself. “You have a nasally voice,” I added to myself. “You have too quirky of a personality,” I slammed myself. 

But the idea kept nagging. 

It all started when I was sick in bed. (Or sick in the chair, really, watching my kids…) I happened upon a mommy vlog. 

It so encouraged me to see somebody else doing the same things that I was doing, and holding the same values as I was holding.. It gave me SUCH a boost to watch her chatting away about the baby, and the routine, and what she had learned lately -- and I really needed that right then. 

"NO, ANNA."

To many reasons why I shouldn’t  do it. Waaaay too many. 

Over time the idea kept nagging and bothering and itching in the back of my. brain, and I couldn't make it stop. 

A Vlog channel, as an extension of Southern Charm.

So I tried making a few videos... and ... I LOVED IT.

It takes a lot more work and a lot more time than I thought it would, but I still love it. 

So a new chapter in my life begins: 

Because I want to help people. Maybe seeing someone else holding a standard, and holding the baby, and loving every second of her beautiful, wonderful, crazy-messy life will give a heavy dose of reality to the "picture perfectness" that is so fake and carnal, and intimidating to real-life moms. 

Because I want to create a safe, real space where moms can come together to laugh, and cry, and share with me. Lets just be real, and honest, and draw strength from each other. 

Because I love "heart-to-heart-ing" with people through the day. Two year olds and nine month olds don’t quite understand the weightier matters of Homemaking. “Sunday Morning Lifehacks” or my excitement over a “Modest Clothing Haul” might get an adoring gurgle, but that’s about it;) #YAYFORADULTCONVERSATION

In short, I feel like this is going to be a good thing. A good, good thing. 

I've cringed a million, billion times while editing my videos, and I die a thousand deaths thinking that everybody who knows me will be able to see them, but I'm pushing through all of my introvert reservations to try and be a help. Praying to be a help. 

So. 

Get ready guys! I'll be vlogging on Mondays and Thursdays every week, beginning today, along with the routine Monday morning blog post. (Because I would wither up and die if I couldn't write. Writing's easier.)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DXNI4tR2Nb0

^^^ Here’s ^^^ the link for the promo video, if you’d like to take a peek. Please leave me a comment and a “like” if you enjoy! Feel free to hit the “subscribe” button if you’d like to follow along. (I would be elated to have you.) 

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh my! I am so very excited about this!!! You are an encouragement to many 💕

Sarah said...

Love it, Anna! Can't wait to enjoy these on top of your writing! :-) Can I ask you to pray for our Anna who is in Massachusetts right now discerning a possible vocation as a nun, after having traveled to New York for a 60+mile walking Pilgrimage(in 3 days!). She's enjoying her trip from what little she gets a chance to tell me, and I appreciate any and all prayers! God bless you, and your sweet family!
Love,
Sarah V.