Thursday, July 26, 2018

She's Two! | Fourth of July Sparkler


I would say "I can't believe she's two!?" but actually, I can. This child has enough spunk and tenacity for a five year old! She has a super sweet side too, of course; I usually wake up to her laughing with Hope or singing a song in her crib. Her head-long hugs melt my heart.

Making Chocolate Cake. She **might** have been sampling the frosting.


I tried to come up with a list of her favorite things to include in the party. She loves the park...and chocolate...and pretty clothes...her cousins...and what two year old doesn't like balloons?!

So we decided to have pizza and cake under the pavilion at her favorite park.

Or...we tried. Never have I ever seen such a crowd at the park. We ended up driving around in search of another one, eventually settling for a dirtier, less-up-to-date version - but it still had playground equipment, so... *TA DA!*


As you might guess, that made us pretty late getting there, so my decorating scheme was forced to simplify itself.  Ethan blew up balloons while I hastily taped them into centerpieces on the pastel table cloths. It was till birthday-ish.

Haven with her cousin Harrison, "blowing out candles."
Overall, I don't think Haven quite understood that all this was for HER but she still had a ton of fun. :) The cousins had a water balloon fight after supper was over, then we all piled back into the vehicles and drove to Grandma's front yard where the Shingle Hollow Fire Department performs it's annual fireworks show. (Ethan, His Brother and Brother In Law shoot of fireworks for the kids.) We are the fire department, and we are the neighbors, so we were having lots of (noisy) fun that night. lol

Or, most of us. Haven was all birthday-ed out, and fell asleep in the car. ;)


**LOOK HOW LEETLE.**

Happy Birthday sweet girl!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Sweet Haven! We love you soooooo much!
~Gramma Py

Rebecca Pyatskowit said...

Happy Birthday Haven!!! I love you :)

Anna said...

I’m sure she would thank you both if she could snag my phone for a unobserved second. 😂

Bethany d said...

Crazy how old she is! Sounds like the best birthday a toddler could dream of!