Monday, April 16, 2018

The Story of Bold | More Living Room Ventures


Never in all my born days did I think I would paint a wall black, but the idea popped into my head one day, and the next evening found me at Lowes buying the paint. 

Ethan: "You really have to go tonight?"
Me: *nodding vigorously





I'm in love! Painting a new color in the house is always a little scary, and epically adventures for me. (I don't paint well. If I didn't feel extravagant hiring somebody to do it, all the painting in our house would be hired out. I'm horrible at house projects...but overcome with big ideas...#probs)

Haven polished off a bag of gold fish crackers in her high chair and Hope sweetly decided to nap for most of the day, allowing me to get 'her done in record time. Unfortunately, it took me an eternity to fix the splashes on the ceiling and baseboards. (Like I said. I don't paint.)


I threw in this picture because I couldn't help it. It captures my vision of "WHAT LIVING ROOMS ARE FOR IN THE FIRST PLACE." Sweet little family of mine... **We've gotten rid of those pillows, btw. **

Everything continues to be in a half-done state of progress at our house, but it's becoming the comfy cozy home that I always wanted; full of laughter and conversation and food and twinkle lights.

>>> Hair bows and twinkle lights are two of my greatest weaknesses...<<<

Happy Monday Ya'll!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It looks gorgeous! Way to go, Anna. Ethan is such a great dad!!!!
~Mom

Anna said...

Thank you, Thank you.

Yes. Hands down! Ethan is the most wonderful daddy these girls of mine could ever have. I hope they turn out just like him.

Anonymous said...

I never really liked the idea of painting a wall black but yours looks really nice, and that picture of Ethan and Hope is soo sweet<3
-Rose

Rebecca Pyatskowit said...

Your living room looks so nice!!

Bethany d said...

I LOVE IT. The black adds just the right amount of contrast with the pink and white.
I am so sad I can't paint our walls black in the apartment.
(I so get you on painting. UGH. I hate it, and I'm way too impatient to make it look good. And all that tape...)

And that last picture...SO CUTE!

Anonymous said...

I am extremely impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your blog.
Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself?

Anyway keep up the nice quality writing, it is rare to see a great blog like this one nowadays.