Thursday, April 13, 2017

//L O V E I S//



Dish towel fights on Saturday morning.

The flower he tucks into my hair.

His laugh when he realizes I had the wrong drill bit in the drill. He hugged me. "I'm so glad I know you need me."

How he's always warm when I'm freezing.

The quiet strength that he is when it's been a tough day.

How he's good at everything I'm not. (Math...strategy...running on no sleep...running in general...)

How he never, ever complains about me to anyone.

The way he will do absolutely anything to make Haven laugh.

The way she smiles when he walks in the door at night.

His goals. His standards. His optimism.

How it makes me laugh when he quietly sits out a conversation about "goofing off" like he's never had a towel fight or scared anyone half to death in his life. And everybody just assumes he never has. 'Cept me. All but me.

His humility. He's done so many things that so many could never do, but he never mentions a word, and always slips away from any notice or attention.

His weakness for chocolate chip cookies.

And that he promised he would never, ever take me "snipe hunting". (Find a Southern person to explain that to you..)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We are so thankful for such an amazing son-in-law! We love the way you love each other. God certainly knew what He was doing when He brought you two together. Couldn't be more proud of both of you!
~Mom