Monday, March 27, 2017

Cabin Fever | On the Mend

You there --

SHHHHHHHH!!

Yeah, you.

It's me - here in the house. I can't come out. Send help.

It's really not that bad, but my wild imagination waxes eloquent when I get bored. I really shouldn't say that word too loud, because that word doesn't happen to me very often. I very much dislike that word, actually, because normally it's only used out of whiney immaturity. . . But today is day 7 of staying away from most of humanity, and I'm pretty nearly stir crazy.

I've had the flu, see.

I've NOT had it for several days now, but I still don't want to startle someone into Lysol and hand sanitizer by showing up for a visit, and I'm still a little too worn out to go shopping.

Scratch that.

I WOULD LOVE TO GO SHOPPING!!!

I would LUUUUUUV it. To the moon and back.

Mostly because me and Haven have been planning summer wardrobes for the past two days, via every online store imaginable. In the end, I've pretty nearly decided that I'll just have to MAKE my own line of floral-y, flow-y, happy, ruffle-y, slimming clothes. I have so many ideas in my head that I can't find in stores...if only I were a better seamstress. 😜

Me and Haven have also tackled a project that we can do something about. We've attacked THE ROOM. It's the one that I mentioned awhile back full of all kinds of Unorganizationalness.
**No, that's not a word. But it is, most certainly a real thing. I've seen it myself.** It's almost clean now.

We have also listened to all the audio drama that  we care to.

And have taken loooong walks outside. (Which certainly help.)

We've called relatives...

Haven learned to crawl...

I learned that I ain't no mountain woman. (Can't keep the woodstove going today..)

And overall, I've become real, real thankful for healthiness. And Haven, and Ethan who pamper me and make me smile.

And, boy...I sure hope we can go grocery shopping tonight. (I love you Aldi..)

2 comments:

Anna said...

Ps. This was written a few days ago. I'm alive, and a regular part of society once more.

Unknown said...

😂 Lol! Boredom helps you accomplish those long, overdue projects. Way to go, Anna! So proud of you.

You really do not give yourself enough credit. You just need a little more practice as a seamstress (and you know how to do that...start a project and then another and before you know it, you'll be an expert!)