Monday, March 14, 2016

And Then There Were Three (Week 19.)

I know. I'm sorry.

Life gets busy sometimes, no?

The Baby; The Bump

I actually fit into maternity clothes now (FINALLY!). This pic was taken the day Ethan an' me went to find out what "it" was. (Be patient.)


Maternity clothes are hard to find around here, unfortunately. I've been wearing that shirt a lot. ((Sorry to everyone who sees me several times a week...)) I spend quite a bit of time shopping now. Mostly, I just find really loose, fairly seamless stuff  - Which makes me look rather like a boat, most of the time. But at least ruffl-ey stuff looks pretty all by itself, so the boat is cute, at least...not saying I'm cute. You know what I mean.

Supposedly there's a maternity shop in the mall about an hour from here. I think my poor, self-sacrificing, patient husband will be taking me there soon. ;)

The Gender Reveal:

We asked the immediate family over for pizza and the exciting news. Each person wore either pink or blue. Almost everybody showed up in pink; since the boy cousins far outnumber the girls. Most people wanted the score settled;) I had seen an idea online that looked pretty cool - it involved stuffing a balloon full of pink or blue glitter, then having the balloon popped.

Somebody volunteered a pistol, and Ethan's brother shot the balloon on the first try. Team girl shrieked and cheered as a shower of pink glitter fell out of where-the-balloon-used-to-be:)

Team Pink


Yes. We're SO excited. I can't take my mind off of giant hair bows, and Ethan daydreams about hearing her laugh, and getting to hold her.

He's going to make such a good Daddy. :)

The Name Game: Yup. Now the hard part. We're praying about this one!

Next week we'll be halfway to meeting her. WOW. I would say that's hard to believe... But most of my closet doesn't fit anymore;) Not that I mind. ANYTHING to see our little girl!!!

Until next week! (Or, maybe the one after that.)





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the maternity shirt and so excited to meet the lovely, little lady! Girls are so fun. She's going to keep you company; dishes, baking, cleaning...God's blessings are so special.

Anonymous said...

O la la!(as fancy Nancy would say)So excited!Can't wait to meet my little niece:) Make sure to get lots o' sleep;)
- "Auntie Becca"

Kara said...

Awww! :) I'm so excitedddd!

Miss Pritchard will be here before we know it, and I can't wait to meet her!

And you look to totes adorbs! Just sayin'.

Anonymous said...

Awe! I'm so excited for you! After finding out my little brother was a boy, it was hard to go shopping with all those adorable little girly dresses around! But anyway, I'm glad he was a boy after all! :D Can't wait to see pics of your sweet little princess! And hopefully I'll be able to meet her...

Love, Cheye

Elisabeth@Treasuring the Moments said...

Aw, a little girl to love on. You're going to be a great mom! So happy for you two.

What a fun idea to have everyone wear pink or blue. I like that!