Tuesday, March 10, 2015

A Breath of Summer Hope

You can't be unhappy when the sun is shining, the birds are singing and the world slowly comes alive again. Yes - spring has visited Wisconsin. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that all this gloriousness will be trumped by an April snowstorm in a few weeks, but that's okay. We've smelled the wet dirt, soaked a little sunshine into our white, aching-for-warmth faces and taken long, wet walks in the gentle light of actual sunshine -  that is felt. And loved. And thrills me to my frozen core.

I love this time of year.

It's been so awesome to take a few minutes and throw open the windows, do a little spring cleaning and just close my eyes in the warmth of it all.

What's that? Oh, you think this is ridiculous? Try living in the frozen tundra for 15ish years and see if you don't feel like singing when the temperature gets over 30 degrees!! ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree with everything you said! It's SO refreshing to be able to go outside without taking ten minutes to bundle up. :)