Sunday, December 21, 2014

Who She Is



It was a cold, sniffl-ey, snuffl-ey head-achey kind of day. I woke up feeling like I'd been hit by a truck. {Although, in the morning...that feeling is rather typical}. 

Sitting on a chair in the kitchen, slowly spooning hot breakfast into my mouth, all I wanted to do was sleep.
       sleep.
              sleep.

But I didn't. I went to work. I was there for about an hour and a half before the bell above the coffee shop door jingled and someone came up to the counter.

Well. There stood the energetic, optimistic, terrific fairy of wakefulness and glee - with a bag of treats for me. {See, Kara is forever tempting me to try her delicious concoctions.}

With a grin, she was gone, leaving a warm glow in my heart and a smile on my face.

Because that's just "Kara," for you.

Ps. Today is her Birthday - go ahead and wish her well, won't you?


Yes. The picture is out of focus. But this is one of my favorites of her because:
1. I took it before she knew I was capturing her shenanigance 
2. I took it before she knew I was capturing her shenanigance
3. I took it before she knew I was capturing her shenanigance.

3 comments:

Bethany Carson said...

Sounds like a person to know! Happy birthday Kara!

Bethany d said...

I love that picture! And for the record, I KNEW there was something special about today...I just couldn't remember. ;) Happy Birthday Kara!

Joanna said...

Happy Sweet 16th Birthday Kara!!! You are such an amazingly inspirational person! :)