Monday, November 10, 2014

Good Housekeeping.

I'm a dreamer. I've been planning how I will decorate my house since I was fourteen. Warm colors, cozy candlelight, the coffee-themed kitchen - you know, that kinda stuff.

The other day it occurred to me that, quite possibly, the way a girl treats her room is a good reflection of how she's going to treat her house. Cringing, I eyed up the woeful paint job that splashed up onto the ceiling ((in my defense, that was a couple years ago)) and noticed all the well, um, potential for improvement. Oh, boy...

Unfortunately, my schedule is rather full, so none of this stuff will be happening until somewhere around January. Which means I get to enjoy the "visionary stage."

Yes...

That means...

PINTEREST!!!!


Everybody is crowing about how easy it is to repaint vintage furniture... but it would be a gazillion times easier if I could just find one on craigslist for oooooh, about $0.50



Gotta love swirly, pink letters.



Yes, yes, I know. I'm 18 years old. But Becca sleeps in my room, too . . . we can just blame all those gorgeous ruffles on her, right....?

Polka dots. 'Nuff said.

What "potential" awaits in your room these days?




2 comments:

Bethany Carson said...

Looks like you have an awesome vision for your room! I just re-wallpapered and floored my bathroom and re-painted the wood trimming and ceiling in my room this summer. I'm hoping to re-wallpaper and change the flooring in my room next year.

Alisha said...

I just put up my new bed frame and picked out the color I will be painting my walls. There is a lot of work that needs to be still, but I too am enjoying the visionary stage ;) it really convicted me when you mentioned "the way you treat your room is a good reflection of how you are going to treat your house" ..... I too cringed as I looked around =\ but that is about to change ;)
You can follow me on pinterest @ pinterest.com/pureprincess95/

Blessings,
Alisha

www.alishainprogress.blogspot.com