Monday, October 6, 2014

Because It Isn't Summer Anymore.


I was getting the creativity itch. Partly from my mother, who has a few projects in the works, partly from Elisabeth Wallace, who is always doing something crafty over at her blog, and partly from way to much Pinterest. (Hey. Confession is good for the soul!!)

I was in the mood for some fresh, fall decor in my room. After awhile you just need to do something different. I thought I'd wait until I got around to visiting Walmart's craft aisles, but...then... well...


I found:

  •  A few mini burlap bags in the basement. (Two of which I cut/ripped into four squares.)
  • A couple pretty buttons
  • A polka-dotted scrap of fabric 
  • A vintage paper bag that came with my purchase at a gift shop in Montana four years ago. (So many memories :)
  • Lastly, I stole a leaf from the wreath in our living room. 



Then, this happened.


I'm pretty sure, now that I'm done, that I don't like that flower....oh, well...



Overall I loved putting it together :) My room is officially ready for fall. 

That is, unless I changed the vignette on the dresser....hmm....    ;)

2 comments:

Bethany Carson said...

Very pretty and creative project!

David and Christine Keller said...

Very pretty!! LOVE it!! :)