Monday, October 31, 2011

Stewardship of Me

I have been considering, for a while now, the verse in Proverbs 31 that says "She girdeth her loins with strength and strengtheneth her arms."

It seems completely sensible to assume that the Proverbs 31 women would keep herself toned and healthy in this way - it's actually a matter of good stewardship.

***
In order to be a good steward, we have to be wise with more than just money. There's a house to be a good steward of, our families, our food...but I hadn't really thought of being a good steward with my body. I had thought that taking care of (or vise-versa) myself wouldn't affect anyone but me - but, not so.

There are good reasons for the stewardship of our bodies. As women, we are the bearers of children. Studies show that what a mother eats/drinks has effects on her unborn child(ren.) Keeping ourselves strong so that we will be able to do our tasks properly is another good reason - and being healthy so we don't carry sickness to others around us...there are many reasons. These are things that I hadn't considered.

Away from the physical side, there's our spiritual welfare, too. Are we being good stewards of the opportunities to read the Bible, pray, and listen to messages when we have time? - Or when we need to make time? If we aren't spiritually "in tune" we can create many a bad situation around us, and cause ourselves inner turmoil.

I'm not justifying "me time" - I think it's selfish. But I am saying that we need to be good stewards with all of what God has given us...including our bodies.

No comments: