Monday, September 19, 2011

Shining Armor

We all dream of him - that dashing, handsome, wonderful man that's due to sweep us off our feet. We speculate, wondering who he'll be, if we know him already, or if we'll meet him someday in the future. We wonder if he'll ever come.

...
As for me, I've always been a dreamer. I was speculating husband-material when I was four, and was forever dying to grow up and have children of my own. The future was exciting.

Maximize the above statement and you'll get a good picture of me as I am now. :D

I don't think a girl should pine away for love during the teenage years (plus whatever other years are not filled with children, house and husband).I have said so on previous occasions and do continue to state that God is the same when you are married as He is now when you're not. Find out what His purpose is for your life and do your best to fulfil it. (Also remember that this is the ideal time to nuture your relationship with the Lord, before your time is filled up with a help meet's responsiblities.)

In truth, though, no matter how busy and fulfilled your life is at present, there is still a yearning to be what you were made to be - a help meet.

So, what do you do? How do you find this soul mate of such high value?

This question had been a major source of worry for me. There were too many things "wrong" with me - I was too "imperfect" - to be attractive to anyone. I lived too far away from prospects in the faith for there to be any chance of even a friendly relationship. But as God began showing me more and more in His word, I came to the following conclusion:

I don't have to worry about being perfect, looking like so-and-so, or being far away from prospective boyfriends. God has a plan, a perfect plan. All I have to do is be so in love with Him that I do everything He asks. He'll take care of the rest.

A second source of worry was taken away by the realization that the choice of who I marry is not up to me. Not really. I don't care so much about what he looks like or what his situation in life is. All that I care about, is knowing that God made me for him.

The Lord has someone for each of us - don't try to figure out who it is, or when it'll happen; just ask the one who knows best.

It may be that we won't have our mate on this side of life, but there is someone out there. Pray for him!

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6

1 comment: