Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Take down the tea cups

Take out the tea cups,
I'm ready to cry,
We're having a pity-party
...And I'll tell you why.
My writing's a jumble
Of twisted up words,
And my poetry's a bumble-
Completely absurd.
My singing's not great
Like the girls that I know,
My piano's not as good
As my Auntie's ...and so...
My hair isn't fixed
Like I want it to be
And I will just die
If it it doesn't suit me.
My clothes are all rumpled,
And I can't find the iron,
My sister is wailing
And sounds like a siren.
I'm not beautiful,
I'm sleepy,
Can't sing right,
Look frumpy....
What can I do
Since I'm all out of sorts?
Drink calming tea
By the mouthfuls and quarts?
Ah but wait! - I forgot,
God made me this way,
He must have known
This is how I needed stay...
SO
Put back the tea cups,
I'm not going to cry,
Since God wants me this way,
I'm sure he knows why.

14 comments:

Menominee Maidens said...

....I have re-spaced the stanzas twice already...and it still isn't doing what I want it to. Good Luck trying to read it!
-Anna

Bailey said...

Even without the stanzas, it captures my attitude some days. Specially with the hair thing. :o)

Bailey said...

By the way, dear heart, the background isn't anything remotely horrid. I like it quite a bit. Very clean, calm and pretty - gorgeous.

Menominee Maidens said...

Nice poem, Bananabelle.

I meself actually like the background, its almost "purdier" than the last. ;P

Kara

Bethany said...

Ah, if you want it spaced, you'll have to fight blogger for hours. That means editing the stuff that looks like this: Put back the teacups: etc. Drives me insane.

Anyways, a very, very, true poem. I can't ever imagine your hair not looking just how you like it. It always looks fine when I see it. :D

You should write more - you are a excellent poetress!

*hugs*

Flop

P.s. Poetress?

Bethany said...

For some reason my illustration of blogger edit thingy didn't work...

Now, before I smash the computer...

Bethany said...

P.s. Love you're background...it gives that cool, relaxtion sort of feeling.

Bethany said...

P.P.S. Is it relaxation? Spelling, please? Totally left my mind how to spell it...

Bethany said...

P.P.P.S. I don't think so...

Anonymous said...

We all have days where we feel like this, Anna. That's why you need to buy pretty tea cups...to cheer you up at your pity parties.;0)
~Mom

Anonymous said...

By the way, I love the background!
~Mom

Bailey said...

It is relaxation, Flop. Be not so doubtful of your spelling abilities. ;o)

Looks like your background is a hit, Anna! Hope you're having a wonderful week.

Just felt like dropping in and saying hi. :o)

Anonymous said...

Anna you are a beautiful writer and an even more beautiful young lady. The poem is wonderful and applies to girls of all ages, even us old aunts:)

Love Aunt Heather

Anna said...

Aww, Thank you Aunt Heather! (I don't think you're old. :D)